Flight Attendant Shows that a Little Bit of Kindness Goes a Long Way

Dwyght Lewis.jpg

Sometimes it’s the smallest things that have the biggest impact.  A simple gesture of kindness from a stranger can make a huge impression.  We received the below note from a passenger, who was blown away by the thoughtful actions of Trans States flight attendant Dwyght Lewis on a recent flight.

Dwyght Lewis, the flight attendant on our trip, gave me a HUGE smile when I entered the plane.  He immediately took my bag out of my hand and said that as soon as everyone sat down, he would bring the bag over and put it up for me, which he did. Before taking off, he then came by and told me that there were two open seats next to each other in the back of the plane, and that it might make my trip more comfortable to switch.  I took his kind offer and thankfully, we were very comfortable.  My son fell fast asleep as soon as we sat down.

Throughout the flight, despite having his regular duties, Dwyght came and checked in on me countless times to see if I was okay, comfortable and if I needed anything.  There was even a very rough patch of turbulence and he came by to check on us as soon as it stopped.  He reassure me that the flight was almost over and all was okay.  Prior to the flight ending, he told me that when we landed, to wait for everyone to get off, and he would come to the back and help me retrieve my bag and bring it to the front of the plane. Not only did he keep his word, but he took my bag, waited for my stroller and suitcase to come up from under the plane, and literally took it up for me.  He opened the stroller for me and told me that if I needed help even further, he’d be glad to help.  I told him I’d try to manage and thanked him.  My son was still asleep, and I was carefully trying to put him in the stroller, so it took a bit longer.

I then had to navigate down the terminal to catch an Uber. Right as I started walking away, he came up behind me and said,  “I have a son and I know how hard it is, let me help you.”  He proceeded to take my suitcase and bag along with his and brought me literally all the way outside to the curb where my Uber was waiting.  He then asked if I needed any other assistance.  Although he was heading out the same direction, he did not have to go out of his way to lend a hand.  He went above and beyond  in my opinion. He was friendly, courteous, thoughtful, and really phenomenal.

Tali V.

We agree – Dwyght most certainly went above and beyond!  He’s been entered in our Above & Beyond contest, a quarterly contest that recognizes exemplary employees who go beyond the call of duty.  Thanks, Dwyght, for reminding us that it’s the little things that matter the most.

12 thoughts on “Flight Attendant Shows that a Little Bit of Kindness Goes a Long Way

1. rDh June 14, 2016 / 5:40 pm

This is an awesome story. I am touched to know there is still genuine caring people in the world. God bless you Dwyght!!!

2. Denise Williams June 15, 2016 / 3:49 pm

I knew Dwight Lewis from him growing up, he came from a humble and respectful home, he has always shows his mannerism, and respect, that’s what he learnt from small, may god continue to guide and bless him. Good Luck Dwight Mrs Williams from Pleasantville Secondary School, I am very proud of you.

3. Anthony June 15, 2016 / 5:46 pm

Amazing, it’s always littlest things that makes a huge impact. Kudos to you Dwight. Keeping showing that fun loving attitude it will be not be unnoticed..

4. Gail Hope June 15, 2016 / 5:50 pm

Great job Dw,
    But it’s not like I expected anything different, I raised you right! Continue doing a “GREAT JOB”
    Love you always,
    Mommy!!

5. Sherelle June 15, 2016 / 6:00 pm

Great story, job well done Dwyght Lewis

6. Justin June 17, 2016 / 9:52 am

Amazing!! Job well done!!

7. CJ June 17, 2016 / 2:26 pm

Dwyght truly exemplifies what “being the brand” is. He is a great asset to the company and is leading the way for others! Job well done!

8. Patrick June 19, 2016 / 12:22 pm

I’m a FA myself and Dwyght did an outstanding job. I met Dwyght when I was starting my initial training in STL. We was staying at the same hotel as he was there for his recurrent. Keep up the awesome job Dwyght.

9. Dirk June 19, 2016 / 12:45 pm

These are kinds of actions that define humanity. This is a powerful statement of how we don’t just do the job but rather how we infuse our natural beauty into our interactions with each other. Dwyght is clearly a beautiful soul who has had training not just for a job but training for life and training for brining happiness to people. This training he has had from his life experiences with the many beautiful people he has had and continues to have in his life. Where else would he learn to train his innate sense of service. Let’s see more of this in ourselves. Thanks Dwyght. Inspire us all.

10. Melissa June 19, 2016 / 12:50 pm

All of the years that I’ve been blessed to know Dwyght Lewis, he has always put everyone first from his own family to his friends and strangers. Keep Up the excellent work and God Bless.

11. Tremaine June 20, 2016 / 1:12 pm

Good job Dwyght you are a fine young man and you was only doing what you do best being a gentleman Congratulations my dear